Founded in 2002, Investment Consulting Services, LLC (ICS) is a 100% employee-owned investment consulting firm located in Oak Brook, IL. ICS has no affiliations with any broker/dealer or outside entities; making us fully objective and uninfluenced by outside interests. Our compensation structure is completely transparent and based solely on hard-dollar fees. ICS receives NO indirect compensation from any source. Our objectivity and our clients’ best interest is not for sale.
Since inception, ICS has tailored customized solutions for each of our clients. We do not implement a process or model that is limited to any client type (Taft-Hartley, Public, Endowments, etc.). Because we believe that no two clients are identical, ICS does not attempt a “cookie-cutter” approach to investing. The ICS professionals’ 60+ years of industry experience managing institutional assets provides for a unique perspective with regard to risk controls, portfolio construction, and an intuitive understanding of capital markets history. Every ICS professional has a direct working knowledge of each client relationship, making us easily accessible and poised to address our clients’ questions in a timely manner.
ICS’ goals and values distinguish us from other investment consulting firms. It is not ICS’ mission to be in the business of marketing consulting services; we focus 100% of our efforts on providing them. As a result, our firm has grown steadily through client referrals. Our only focus is in providing customized investment solutions to our clients. ICS adheres to the CFA Institute’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
Who We Serve
Defined Contribution Plans
Defined Benefit Plans
Health and Welfare Plans
Our sole source of revenue is derived from the direct compensation that we receive from our clients. For a single, all-inclusive, hard-dollar fee, ICS will:
- Create and review an Investment Policy Statement
- Conduct asset allocation studies
- Perform investment manager searches
- Generate quarterly performance reports
- Provide third-party analysis of Plans
- Run quarterly attribution reports and risk analysis
- Create annual investment manager due diligence reports
- Provide customized services tailored to our clients’ investment objectives
- Conduct on-site investment manager visits
- Organize custodian review and searches
- Run monthly reconciliation of investment managers vs. audited custodian statements
- Oversee transition management
- Attend Board of Trustees meetings
ICS acknowledges that we are a fiduciary to the services we provide.